Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sinful City

Yesterday they showed Frank Miller's "Sin City" on TV. I'm a big fan of the film, the plot confuses some, but it enthrals me and mainly because I love the film style. The desaturated images, heavy contrast, strong angles and dark shadows with the odd highlighted touches in colour - it just facinates me the whole way through.

Tried to create a Sin City effect last night, but didn't have much joy. It needed a specific type of image to start with, and today I searched for something more fitting.

My first attempt I was really pleased with, the stock images used were individually nothing remotely Frank Miller-esq. I didn't want the car to be red, but there was nothing else really to highlight and overall it wasn't too bad. Flickr link to car.


By the time I'd tried my second attempt, I was much happier with the rain effect, but less so about the desaturating of the woman. Flickr link to woman.

A good learning curve overall.

No comments: